YouAct – the European Youth Network on Sexual and Reproductive Rights is looking for energetic and dedicated new members to strengthen our organization and forward our work in promoting sexual and reproductive rights of young people.
YouAct is a European network of young people active in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Rights. We work by empowering young people to take active roles in their communities and organizations and to advocate for Sexual and Reproductive Rights as human rights. We promote the right of all young people to raise their voice in regards to Sexual and Reproductive Rights regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability.
We strongly believe that Meaningful Youth Engagement is crucial for the success of designing, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the policies, programs, and services aimed at young people, and works to ensure the involvement of young people in these processes.
Since its launch in Lisbon, in 2004, YouAct has grown into a widely recognized youth organisation that has undertaken key advocacy, training, and awareness-raising activities at national, regional and international levels.
What we are looking for
- Aged 18-29
- Expected to be available for a minimum 1-year commitment for membership;
- Residing in any country of the Council of Europe [i] or Belarus and Kosovo;
- Actively working in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR);
- Share the values and principles upheld by YouAct and wish to actively work with us to achieve our mission and vision;
- Able to speak and write fluently in English;
- Able to access the internet, check and respond to emails at least twice a week;
- Willing and able to spend at least 4 hours a week volunteering for YouAct.
- Affiliated with an organization – working at a national/international level such as youth organizations, political parties, NGOs;
- Previous experience or knowledge in Resource Mobilization (fundraising, etc.), Web Design and IT, Media Design and Advertising or Communications and Partnerships;
- Currently or previously active in Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Norway, Germany, France, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Malta in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
What we offer
- A space to share experience, knowledge, and skills with other young people working in Sexual and Reproductive Rights from different countries and backgrounds;
- An empowering and dynamic working environment which ensures youth leadership and participation in decision-making processes;
- The opportunity to increase your level of knowledge and experience in SRHR, advocacy and capacity building;
- Participation in regional and international meetings and opportunities;
- Involvement and input in the development of YouAct and its projects.
This all sounds amazing, how do I become a member?
- Fill out the application form and submit before 23.59 CET on 31 May 2019.
- Ensure your Curriculum Vitae which will be attached to the application form does not exceed 2 pages.
- All results will be announced in June.
We look forward to reading your applications!