YouAct worked with the International Year of Youth (IYY) Strategy partners on various activities including a Youth Caucus, the development of youth oral statements and a youth video.
For those of you that missed the live updates on Twitter, here’s a recap of the IYY partner activities:
– Advocacy in Practise training workshop with the International Women’s Health Coalition, IYY partners and RESURJ.
-Youth Caucus hosted with Youth Coalition, Advocates for Youth, CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality and GYCA,
– Development of the Youth Oral Statements on: Young Women’s Health, Comprehensive Sexuality Education and Meaningful Youth Participation (see below), by participants of the Youth Caucus,
– Oral Statements delivered by members of Youth Coalition, GYCA and Advocates for Youth,
– Video produced by IYY partners, YouAct and RESURJ asking young people participating in the 44th CPD- What would you say to policymakers, given the opportunity? (see below),
– a YouAct and European Parliamentary Forum hosted meeting between young people and European parliamentarians,
– 2 Watchdogs produced by Youth Coalition www.youthcoalition.org
– #CPD44 and #IYY updates on Twitter,
– Launch of the RESURJ ten point action agenda http://resurj.org/
To keep up to date with the activities of the IYY Strategy Partners, follow #IYY on Twitter!